Buck Institute for Education needs students to create a short video about the need for Project Based Learning (PBL). The winning videos will be shown to thousands of teachers around the U.S. and the world.
Design Statement: Share the message below in your own words
"Today's 21st-century students need to learn more than the basics, so we can do well in school, on the job, and in life. We need to learn how to think critically, solve problems, learn to work in teams, communicate our ideas to others, and be creative. We want to be engaged by school, doing personally relevant, real-world work. We think Project-Based Learning is one of the best ways to do all this, so please design effective projects for us!"
- Video can be funny, fresh, and sincere
- Video should not be offensive or critical of teachers
- Video must be no longer than 2 minutes TOTAL
- What is Pine Grove Labs?
- Explain your experiences working at Pine Grove Labs. Use the quote above to guide your response
- What jobs have you had while working for PGL?
- What was the purpose and tasks of the the Nano-tech Division and the Space and Aeronautics Division?
Interview classmates about their responses to the above questions. Give personal experiences and examples.
Group 1: A5
Group 2: A6
Group 3: A8
Group 4: A10
Group 5: Tech
Students you demonstrate unique, clear and thoughtful responses will be selected to appear in the video.
$100 Amazon Gift Card Prize for the winning videos!
(shared among the team)